Sunday, March 14, 2021

Tomorrow will be March 15, 2021. 

Jay will turn 40. 🎂For me, his birth is a wonderful moment to celebrate. He and I have had good thumb chats this week. They are the anchor of my every evening. 


But this past week has also been a time to remember less joyous events: 


On March 11, 2010, Jim died. "What falls away is always and is near,"


On March 11, 2011, I was on O'ahu with Caroline when the Great Sendai Earthquake rocked Japan causing a tsunami, nuclear meltdown and thousands of deaths. Fortunately, the waves that hit O'ahu were not deadly. When we drove along the shore the next day, the only evidence of them that we saw was at the mouth of a small river where ocean water was rushing in, pushing the fresh water upstream in big waves. Kids were surfing up river. 


And on March 11, 2021, Canada acknowledged those who had died this past year from Covid 19. 


I no longer even think of trying to ski or snowshoe this winter. It's spring!! We moved the clocks forward one hour last night, there's no more snow on the ground in the valley and I seem to be able to walk farther and farther without much pain. 🤞 


Miriam and I this past Friday on the first CFUW hike of the season on the Rail Trail along the shore of Kal.Lake


Last week as I walked on Kin Beach, this young woman rode by. I was impressed by the statuesque formation she and her horse presented and surprised when she told me that she had got the horse as a rescue only a year ago and trained it herself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment